
Multiple locations across Iran are being bombarded, and Tehran is carrying out retaliatory attacks across the region, as the United States-Israeli war on Iran entered its fifth day, with the death toll rising and no end to the conflict in sight.
The semiofficial Tasnim news agency said explosions were heard in different parts of the Iranian capital on Wednesday, and Iranian state television showed the rubble of a building in central Tehran. The holy city of Qom and several other cities were also targeted.
The agency said the death toll from the US-Israeli attacks now stood at 1,045.
Al Jazeera’s Mohamed Vall, reporting from Tehran, said there had been what the Israelis were calling “the 10th wave of attacks against Iran”.
“Tehran has been at the centre of that, but also Karaj and Isfahan, both east and west of the capital,” he said, adding that five people were killed, while there were also reports of schools being hit in these attacks.
In the meantime, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) said damage was visible at two buildings near the Isfahan nuclear site, but there was no damage to facilities containing nuclear material and no risk of radiological release at this time.
In Israel, air raid sirens sounded across the country, with people rushing to shelters, as incoming Iranian missiles triggered loud blasts from interception attempts.
Credit: aljazeera.com







