Pastor, Chief arrested over brutal murder of pretty lady

The atmosphere at the late Botchwey family house and the entire Yeji community will, from now on, be a solemn one as their 25-year-old daughter and native has met her untimely death at Mankessim in the Central Region.

Twenty-five years old Georgina Asor Botchwey, a nursing trainee, was said to have left home to attend an interview at Cape Coast, capital city of the Central Region.

Instead of returning home alive, her family is now waiting to receive her lifeless body, which was exhumed at the residence of Nana Oye, also known as Nana Crack, Tufuhene of Ekumfi Akwakrom in the Mankessim Municipality.

Reports available to The Chronicle indicate that the deceased was killed by two men – Nana Crack and a Pastor whose name is not known.

The Pastor was arrested in Cape Coast, admitted the crime, and led the police to the Chief’s residence, where the victim’s body was exhumed.

How deceased was murdered

Information gathered by this paper indicates that the Pastor who apparently led the police to exhume the body of the deceased, after his cover was blown narrated how he aided Nana Crack to kill the deceased.

Our source said the pastor told the police that he had sent the deceased who had come for a visit to a drinking spot owned by Nana Crack to buy her a drink.

After the drink, Georgina was taken to a room near the pub also owned by Nana Crack to rest since she looked tipsy our source quoted the Pastor as saying.

Other information we gathered was that the two men allegedly engaged in sexual activities with the deceased before killing her and burying her in the Chief’s residence.

Other belongings of the deceased, including a bag and shoe, were also found at the Chief’s residence.

State of victim and perpetrators

The victim’s body has been deposited in the mortuary at the Cape Coast Teaching Hospital for preservation and autopsy while the two men are currently in police custody assisting investigation.

Residence request for justice, tight security           

Meanwhile, residents of Mankessim and it’s environ have requested that the police ensure that justice is served after expressing their surprise and outrage at the murder.

They have also asked the police to beef up security in the vicinity.

The Assembly Member of the area, Cephas Arthur, urged the Inspector General of Police (IGP) to increase security in Mankessim and its surroundings, because this was not the first time that an incident like that had happened.

According to Mr. Arthur, it was the fifth time such an incident had happened in the area, hence, the request for tighter security.

“This is the fifth occurrence of this kind of incident this year. I’m requesting that the police ensure justice is served and the Chief and Pastor are brought to justice,” he said.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here