The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey Him!” – Matthew 8:27.
Our Lord Jesus is an enigma and questions about Him still rage on. Paul in Colossians 1: 15-20 says: ‘The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in Him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. And He is the head of the body, the church; He is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything He might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all His fullness dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through His blood, shed on the cross.’
These are 100 Truths about our Lord Jesus Christ to strengthen our faith in Him.
- Jesus claimed to be God – John 8:24; I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.
- Jesus created all things – Colossians 1:15-17; The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in Him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
- Jesus is before all things – Col 1:17; He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together.
- Jesus is eternal – John 1:1; In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- Jesus is honored the same as the Father – John 5:23; that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent Him.
- Jesus is prayed to – Acts 7:55-60;But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. “Look,” he said, “I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.” At this they covered their ears and, yelling at the top of their voices, they all rushed at him, dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. Meanwhile, the witnesses laid their coats at the feet of a young man named Saul. While they were stoning him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.” Then he fell on his knees and cried out, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them.” When he had said this, he fell asleep.
- Jesus is worshipped – Matthew 2:2;and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship Him.
- Jesus is called God – Titus 2:13; while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Jesus is omnipresent – Proverbs 15:3; The eyes of the Lord are in every place, Watching the evil and the good.
- Jesus is with us always- Matt 28:20; and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.
- Jesus is our only mediator between God and ourselves – 1 Timothy 2:5;For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,
- Jesus is the guarantee of a better covenant – Hebrews 7:22; Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantor of a better covenant.
- Jesus said, “I AM the Bread of Life” – John 6:35; – Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.
- Jesus said, “I AM the Door” – John 10:7; – Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep.
- Jesus said, “I AM the Good Shepherd” – John 10:11; I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
- Jesus said, “I AM the Way the Truth and The Life” – John 14:6; Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
- Jesus said, “I AM the Light of the world” – John 8:12; – When Jesus spoke again to the people, He said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.
- Jesus said, “I AM the True Vine” – John 15:1; – I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.
- Jesus said, “I AM the Resurrection and the Life” – John 11:25– Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.
- Jesus said, “I AM the First and the Last” – Revelation 1:17; – When I saw Him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then He placed His right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.
- Jesus always lives to make intercession for us – Hebrews 7:25; Therefore He is able to save completelythose who come to God through Him, because He always lives to intercede for them.
- Jesus cleanses from sin – 1 John 1:9;If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
- Jesus discloses Himself to us – John 14:21 –Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.
- Jesus draws all men to Himself – John 12:32;And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”
- Jesus forgives sins – Luke 5:20 7; When Jesus saw their faith, He said, “Friend, your sins are forgiven.
- Jesus gives eternal life – John 10:28; give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.
- Jesus gives joy – John 15:11;I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.
- Jesus gives peace – John 14:27; Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
- Jesus has authority – Matt 28:18; Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
- Jesus judges – John 5:22, Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son.
To be continued!!
Please continue to join us on Asempa 94.7 FM – Sunday 5.30 am., Sunny 88.7 FM – Tuesdays 5:30 am; and YFM 107.9 – Sundays 6.30am; for our Radio Bible Study as well as Sunny FM 88.7 FM every Sunday at 3:30 pm. for Hymn and their Stories