By: Isaac Akwetey-Okunor, Kwahu
A 19 year old student of Kwahu Ridge Senior High School in the Kwahu South District of the Eastern Region met his untimely death when he was electrocuted by a high tension cable last Saturday.
The death of Evans Koranteng threw the residents on the ridge into a state of mourning as his parents and other sympathizers could not help but cry uncontrollably.
Information gathered by the paper revealed that, the first year day student of the Kwahu Ridge SHS was on his usual periodic pruning of a huge tree standing in his house to avoid its branches from reaching the high tension poles around.
In the process, one of the branches fell on the lines and electrocuted him. The body has since been deposited at Atibie Government Hospital Morgue.
A police Inspector at the Mpreaso police station, Inspector Samuel C.K.Ahasti has warned the general public to be mindful about the dangers of electricity and advised the public to report promptly faulty electrical gadgets to the appropriate bodies for redress.
Short URL: http://thechronicle.com.gh/?p=44261