Police Chief Loses Lifetime Investment …As Fire Guts His Techiman Residence
From Ernest Best Anane, Techiman. B/A (pick pics as zip file)
A THREE-BEDROOM house comprising a hall, kitchen, store, toilet, bathroom and boys’ quarters at Yorso New site, at Techiman, in the Brong Ahafo Region, belonging to Chief Supt Laar Baman, Director of Marine Police unit, Accra, was totally burnt when his house caught fire.
Even though no life was lost, all personal effects of the occupants could not be protected from the ravaging fire. Properties and cash, estimated at about GH¢300,000.00 were lost.
As a result, Mrs. Baman, wife of the police officer and her 10-year-old daughter and a tenant of the said house, Mr. Kwaku Yeboah, are now putting up with friends.
Chief Supt. Laar Baman, told this reporter that on the fateful day, he had word from his tenant Yeboah, a wood dealer about the fire outbreak. He said he rushed down from Accra to Techiman to find out that he had truly lost everything he was able to acquire in his 26-year period as a police officer, but said he and his 10 dependants would count on providence to survive.
Mrs. Baman indicated that neighbours drew her attention to smoke from the ceiling only to realize the house had been engulfed in flames.
Meanwhile, the Krontihene of the area, Nana Kwame Boakye has commended the fire fighters, particularly the municipal fire station officer, Mr. Mahama Abdulai and Mr. Sam Fredrich, a sub station officer and his men, for protecting nearby houses from the fire.
Short URL: http://thechronicle.com.gh/?p=51281