OF POLITICS OF LIES AND DECEIT
By: Kingsley Kofi Karikari, Constituency Chairman, Abura-Asebu-Kwamankese
Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen of the Press. The Abura-Asebu-Kwamankese Constituency of the NPP would like to warn the NDC and her Members to desist from using the Picture of the sitting President and showing it to unsuspecting General Public in parts of our constituency, as the Man responsible for the “FREE SHS CAMPAIGN”.
The Constituency Chairman has set up a FREE SHS CAMPAIGN TEAM that has been preaching the Flagship policy of the NPP 2012 Campaign, and discovered to our disbelieve during our tour of some villages within our district, that some Youth within the NDC have been going round showing pictures of President John Dramani Mahama in Red Lacoste T-shirt saying he is the one responsible for the implementation and Originator of the FREE SHS.
MADAM EKUA ETURUBA, who lives at Asebu Zongo had a heated argument with 3 strong NDC boys that came to her home around 4pm on Monday, asking her to vote for President John Mahama because he is the Originator of the Free SHS Slogan.
We have encountered similar complaints in villages like Nkwantanan, Sorodofo and Abaasa in which some community members had heated arguments with our campaign team, because the NDC had earlier gone there to tell them they are responsible for the Free SHS, and that Nana Akufo Addo does not think about the poor.
As a party, we find this development very unfortunate and very disturbing. We have realized the NDC has been tearing down Nana Akufo Addo’s posters because of this wicked and malicious intention of deceiving a section of the unsuspecting populace.
The NPP Abura-Asebu-Kwamankese would continue to educate the good people of our district about the good policies of the NPP. Many of our parents are suffering. As a Chairman and an opinion leader in my community, I am approached everyday by parents to help them pay their wards Admission fees ranging from GH¢600 to GH¢750.
As an individual, how many people can I help pay these atrocious fees? That is the reason why we have been happy to hear Nana Akufo Addo express his desire to implement a FREE SHS PROGRAM, that would see a lot of poor children who would have naturally dropped out of school to be able to access SHS Education.
- We shall continue to comb every nook and cranny of this Constituency to preach this good policy to our parents. Their Children deserves better than pushing wheelbarrows under the Kaneshie footbridge and selling pure water in traffic.
- Our younger Brothers and Sisters deserve better than washing bowls in Chop Bars and being used as house helps in Accra.
- What crime has children of Abura-Asebu-Kwamankese done to be moulding blocks and plucking coconut in order to make ends meet, whilst their counterparts elsewhere in the 3 northern regions enjoy FREE SHS that would propel them to be Lawyers, Teachers, Nurses, Ministers of State, Architects and Presidents (like John Mahama)?
- The NDC must not demand Voter’s I.D card from our parents in Moree and Asebu, before giving them MASLOC. The NDC Abura-Asebu-Kwamankese must stop this politics of lies, deceit and defacing of Nana Akufo Addo Posters. They must get to work to solve the numerous problems bedeviling our communities.
- The NDC must stop lying to the people of Kwamankese, Ansafona, and Mpeseduaze and Ayeldu that Prof Mills left a will for John Mahama to build Cape Coast Stadium and Kotukuraba Market. Does the WILL include construction of Ayeldu-kwaman-Afrangua roads? How about Nyamedom-Asuantsi roads? Does it also include provision of secondary school for the people of Kwamankese? Why would Mills put that in his WILL when he could have done that during his lifetime? Do they intentionally want the people in our district to be poor, vulnerable and illiterates so they can continue to deceive them? Enough is enough. The politics of lies and deceit must be stopped now!
Give Abura-Asebu-Kwamankese District our development now not the next 20 years and not from Late Prof Mills phantom WILL but from visionary leadership!
Give our younger siblings Free SHS now, not tomorrow and certainly not the next 20 years! Give our Mothers the MASLOC without seizing their Voter I.D Cards now, not the next 20 years!
We believe in NPP and we believe Nana Akufo Addo shall make secondary education free for the current and future Generation. Long live Ghana. Kukrudu!
Short URL: http://thechronicle.com.gh/?p=48627