NADMO awaits second batch of relief items
After receiving the first batch of relief items last Thursday, and with the assurance that the second batch was to be delivered in two days, the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) in the Upper East Region is still waiting to take delivery of the second batch of relief items meant for rainstorm disaster victims in Navrongo and other parts of the region.
The Upper East Regional Coordinator of NADMO, Mr. Patrick Akake, who told The Chronicle last week his office would wait until the second batch of the items arrived before he could begin the distribution, has again told the same paper that 50% of the items were taken to Navrongo on Monday for distribution.
He explained that upon a second consideration, he realised that it was better to distribute the items available while waiting for the arrival of the second batch. He said the remaining 50% of the items would be sent to the other parts of the region that were also affected. Bongo district is one of such areas.
Mr. Akake hopes the items would arrive this weekend, as he says he has the assurance from the national headquarters.
The items include 30 packets of roofing sheets, 20 packets of roofing nails, 30 bales of secondhand clothing, 500 pieces of poly mats, 2,000 plastic plates, 2,000 plastic cups, 10 cartons of mosquito coil, 300 blankets, 50 mini bags of maize, 50 mini bags of beans, 100 plastic buckets, and 100 plastic basins.
Short URL: http://thechronicle.com.gh/?p=44376