A reported leaked gas has killed a staff of Runel Filling Station at Dawhenya, in the Ningo-Prampram District, at 6am today.
The name of the deceased was given as Anthony Ahiabu, and according to an eyewitness account, Anthony was caught in a fire in a room he was cooking, when the gas leaked into the perimeter.
The eyewitness alleged that the station took delivery of gas from a tanker into its storag tank earlier this morning.
And when the driver finished discharging the fuel and pulled the pump, some amount of gas from the pump traced the fire to the room where Anthony was said to be cooking, thus, causing an explosion.
The room is said to be housing some staff of Runel Filling Station, and the timely arrival of personnel from the Ghana Fire Service, other eyewitnesses said, saved the situation from escalating.
By Inusa Musah, Dawhenya / www.chronicle.com.gh