LOADING

Type to search

NABCO trainees to start work today

botchway November 1, 2018

 

By Maxwell Ofori      .

Some trainees of the newly-created Nation Builders Corps (NABCO) are expected to commence work at their various districts today, November 1, 2018. A statement issued by the Secretariat said a total of 44,366 have been placed across the country so far. 

According to the statement, the NABCO Secretariat, on Friday 26th October, 2018, began the process of placing trainees to module implementation partners and into institutions and agencies

Out of this number, 29,407 have been placed to the Ghana Education Service, 1487 to GIFEC, 5813 to the Ministry of Food and Agriculture, 6574 to the Ministry of Health, 484 to the National Identification Authority, 78 to the Inter Ministerial Committee on Illegal Mining, and 439 to the NABCO offices across the country as Research and Training Corps.

“The breakdown of the placed trainees per module is as follows; Civic Ghana – 324, Digitise Ghana – 1,995, Educate Ghana -29,444, Enterprise Ghana – 42, Feed Ghana – 5,817, Heal Ghana – 6,575, Revenue Ghana – 169.

“The regional breakdown is as follows: Greater Accra – 4,597, Eastern Region – 3,788, Central Region – 4,163, Brong Ahafo – 5,018, Ashanti Region – 11,208, Northern Region – 6,679, Upper East – 2,106, Upper West – 1,575, Volta Region – 2,049, Western Region – 3,183,” the release noted.

The statement further said the Secretariat had observed with delight that the prospective trainees have shown significant interest and enthusiasm in undertaking this all-important nation building assignment, following the numerous calls the outfit has been inundated with.

According to the statement, it is a testament of the fact that NABCO has lived up to the very mandate underpinning its establishment, which is to inculcate in the nation’s youth, the spirit of seeking knowledge, punctuality and integrity.

“The NABCO CEO, Ibrahim Anyars (PhD), on behalf of the NABCO Secretariat, wishes all prospective trainees the very best in this crucial national assignment, and assures them and the nation of the readiness of his outfit to address all their legitimate concerns,” the statement ended.

Meanwhile, The Chronicle spoke to a beneficiary (name withheld) on phone, who confirmed that the postings had come.

She added that the NABCO Secretariat had also communicated to anyone who was not posted to visit their district offices.

 

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons