LOADING

Type to search

Royal wedding suffers glitch! Bride’s Father Pulls Out Of Wedding

botchway May 16, 2018

She Might Walk Down The Aisle Alone

Meghan Markle‘s father has said her mother should walk her down the aisle instead after he pulled out of the wedding at the last minute.

Thomas Markle believes his ex-wife Doria Ragland would be a ‘good choice’ to give their daughter away at St George’s Chapel, Windsor, after his shock decision not to fly to the UK.

Meghan is said to have pleaded with her father to change his mind after he apparently pulled out of Saturday’s wedding because of the faked photographs row.

But the troubled 73-year-old wants to stay in Mexico following reports that he colluded with a paparazzi photographer to stage a series of pictures in the run-up to the wedding and claims to have suffered a heart attack.

Meghan’s half-sister Samantha Markle, said today: ‘I spoke to him early in the morning and he was quite depressed’.

Doria is about to fly into the UK from Los Angeles to support her daughter and is now the clear favourite to walk her down the aisle in her father’s absence.

Prince Charles is 2/1 with the bookies to step in while Prince William is 5/1 to take Meghan into St George’s before starting his duties as Harry’s best man.

There have also been a flurry of bets on Meghan walking down the aisle alone.  So far there has been no official announcement on who will now be walking Meghan down the aisle.

Mr Markle’s Faked Photographs Row

TMZ website claimed that Mr Markle confirmed he had been offered money by US-based freelance photographer Jeff Rayner.

But Mr Markle insisted the ‘deal’ was not ‘principally’ about money. Instead, he wanted to ‘rehabilitate’ his image after pictures had been published of him looking overweight and dishevelled.

The website wrote: ‘He says since his daughter started dating Prince Harry he’s been offered anywhere between $50,000 and $100,000 for interviews and he’s turned all of them down.

‘Thomas says the paparazzi agency approached him, offered him money – though nowhere near the reported $100,000 – and he figured there was no harm in it and it would help recast his image.

‘He admits the pics look ‘stupid and hammy’. He says he was just going along with the paparazzi agency, which he now deeply regrets.’

The website continued: ‘Meghan’s father will not be walking her down the aisle on Saturday… he isn’t going to the wedding at all because of the fallout over selling photos of himself.’

Mr Markle also told the website that he had suffered a heart attack six days ago but checked himself out of the hospital so he could attend the wedding.

There was no independent confirmation that Mr Markle had been ill, however.

Credit: dailymail.co.uk

 

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Show Buttons
Hide Buttons